[Written Jan 4th, 2015]
While I do not have a "vision board" (yet) I am a firm believer in writing and publishing your goals for the whole world to see. Up to this point, I've shared my 2015 personal and professional goals with my close friends, family, and trusted work colleges. It's now time I shared them with the world.
Why share your personal goals with the internet?
Simply put, it will keep me honest and on track. If you know the whole world is aware of your plans, it's much harder to deviate from them.
Professional Goals by end of 2015
- Get promoted at least once in 2015
- Achieve 125% attainment for the year
- Go to President's Club
- Get 5 partners from Silver --> Gold (Nextiny, Rhino, ??)
- Get 1 partner from Gold --> Platinum (??)
- Give 3x ToastSpot speeches
- Complete 3 sets of group sales coaching (three, 3 month sessions)
- Get 3x blog posts published on the HubSpot blog
- Complete 'Project Ahab'
Personal Goals by end of 2015
- Travel to 5 countries in 5 separate trips. (Punta Cana, BVI, Bahamas, Croatia, ??)
- Save $50,000 by August 2015 for a condo
- Complete a year as a Big Brother, BBBS (matched Feb 2015)
- Complete ASA 104 & 105 certifications
- Sail to Martha's Vineyard in the mono-haul
Hopefully, by the end of 2015 I will have accomplished all of these things and be able to cross them off the list and set new goals. Through multiple assessments, I've found that I am very much motivated by the selfish chemical in the brain called, "dopamine". Dopamine is the 'feel good' chemical which is released in your brain when you accomplish a goal (see: Leaders Eat Last by Simon Sinek).